Not just another WordPress plugin update, not this time! Version 1.2.0 is a whole new build for what was still a very new plugin. I re-created my Channel Solution for Twitch a.k.a. TwitchPress, from scratch. I’ve rendered the first build, a prototype and for good reasons. I did it all for the Twitch and WordPress community.
You’re probably wondering what makes the new build better and worth weeks worth of hours. Well here is what I can now offer, that I couldn’t in the first design…
- Extension System: we can make small or large extensions and use them to build unique systems suited to our own needs.
- Better Performance: straight away, the original build had worrying performance issues, I won’t go into technical details but obviously I didn’t ignore the problem. Version 1.2.0 has no performance issues at all.
- Custom Post Type: there was no custom post type in the previous build, that was a mistake, but just a temporary one. The new custom post type is a key step to creating a service that offers clarity when synchronizing WordPress posts with Twitch feed updates.
- Professional Installation Procedure: installation of the TwitchPress plugin begins with the same Setup Wizard found in the highly successful e-commerce plugin, WooCommerce. I have adapted it to advise administrators more about how the plugin will change the site. More important is the setup step that involves adding your Twitch Developer Application credentials. The new step makes installation easier and clearer.
- Twitch API Version 5: the first build was released just when Twitch Entertainment was rolling out version 5 of their API. I had to re-design my approach to building and maintaining API classes for Twitch. The new library is very easy to work with and developers will have no trouble working on the project.